Sesame halva is an indulgence for our sweet tooth straight from the heart of the Orient. Halva is a dense brick like confection which can be made from a number of ingredients like beans, nuts vegetables and sunflower seeds.
Sesame halva is one such edition among the wide range of halvas worldwide. Sesame halva is a much loved sweet among the inhabitants of Balkans, Middle East and Poland. Apart from sesame or tahini paste, this oriental delight gets its share of subtle sweetness from the brown sugar and honey.
Additional elements like pistachios, chocolate, fruit juice or vanilla turns it into an extravagant treat for our palate. Some versions have marshmallow roots and egg whites in them which impart a unique taste to sesame halva.
If you are planning to prepare sesame halve for your kid, don’t forget to add some nuts and chocolate in it. They will simply love the rich chocolaty flavors complimented by the playful crunch of the nuts. The best part of making sesame halva is that you can make loads of in one go, then store it in the freeze and pop a piece of into your mouth whenever your heart craves for something sweet. So prepare sesame halva and let its flavors excite you!
• 2/3 cup tahini (sesame paste)
• 2/3 cup milk
• 2 cup brown sugar
• 1 tsp cocoa powder
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
• ¼ cup chopped nuts (pistachios and almonds)
• Boil a mixture of milk and sugar in a pan over medium heat until it reaches the soft-ball phase.
• Turn off the heat and add the remaining ingredients.
• Don’t stir the mixture and leave it just like that for a couple of minutes.
• Now whisk the mixture briefly and pour it into a previously greased mould.
• Allow it to set before cutting it into pieces and taking pleasure in the lip-smacking sesame halva.
Do you have a great Sesame Halva Recipe to share?